Düsseldorf-based video game developer and publisher astragon Entertainment and Berlin-based developer studio Randwerk Games today announced that the award-winning physics destruction puzzle game ABRISS - build to destroy will be released on March 7, 2024 for PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S.
ABRISS is now available to pre-order for PlayStation®5 for €19.99 (SRP). PlayStation®Plus subscribers also receive a 10% discount on their pre-order. On Xbox Series X|S, ABRISS can be pre-ordered from January 22 for €19.99 (SRP). There is a 10% discount on all pre-orders.
Randwerk Games was founded in 2021 by Friedrich Beyer, Till Freitag and Johannes Knop. Randwerk's first in-house development is ABRISS, a physics destruction puzzle game in stylish surreal-futuristic worlds. Players build complex constructions and crash them into defined targets. While destroying level after level, players unlock new constructions and parts and dismantle the digitally brutalist cityscapes. The development team calls the unique abstract style of the game Mainboard Brutalism. It is inspired by the surrealist works of artists Zdzisław Beksiński and Hans Rudolf Giger, as well as the German pioneers of electronic music and constructivist and brutalist architecture. ABRISS was awarded by the jury of the German Computer Game Award 2023 in the category "Best Graphic Design".
- Complex destruction system: Simulated statics, thousands of tiny splinter particles, huge chunks crashing into the abyss - ABRISS relies on spectacular, audiovisual destruction.
- Extensive campaign: Seven worlds are waiting to be conquered with the right strategy. Players unlock new pieces to customize their approach and complete the puzzles in as few moves as possible. Since the launch of the Early Access version, two worlds and additional bonus levels have been added.
- Sandbox and endless mode: The minimalist sandbox allows players to experiment freely. In endless mode, the aim is to achieve maximum destruction and thus the ultimate high score.
- Snapshot: The massive explosions and impressive cityscapes can be perfectly captured in the photo mode. Many filters invite you to give the scenery a completely different atmosphere.
- Customized controller experience: The controls have been optimized from the ground up for the console versions of ABRISS and offer a dynamic gaming experience.